The Canadian Insurance Accountants Association was founded in 1934.
To promote the study, research and development of financial management and insurance accounting. Our organization provides for professional development and a forum for communication within the industry.
The CIAA offers professional development of our members through:
- A dynamic breakfast seminar series in Toronto
- The Fundamentals of Insurance Accounting Course held annually
- The Advanced Professional Development Program (Innovative Strategies) held every two years
- P&C Insurance Finance 101 - a half-day seminar delivered on-site at request
- The Annual conference is celebrating its 54th year in 2017.
- The CIAA acts as a voice of the P&C industry by liaising with other professional organizations and offers a forum for the exchange of ideas among members.