- In June 1934, thirteen insurance accountants gather in Toronto at the Ontario Club. The CIAA, Toronto Chapter is formed with Donald Taylor of General Accident elected as President.
- First membership roll shows 45 members; today CIAA has over 300 members.
- First annual conference held at the Talisman Motor Inn in Ottawa in 1964.
- Keynote speaker was paid $100.
- 1973 first Fundamentals of Accounting course is held at Trent University.
- In 1990 CIAA elects first female President, Norma Cooper, Canadian Reinsurance Co.
- In 2007 CIAA travels to Scottsdale, AZ for first conference held outside of Canada.
- In 2009 CIAA celebrates 75 years of engaging members.
- In 2017, CIAA holds its 54th annual conference at the historic Algonquin Resort in St.Andrew's, NB.